Spamming and 'my soul'
It has come to my attention that the blog, and via the blog the group, has been hijacked by spammers. This is unfortunate. Anyway,to minimise unnecessary distribution of this rubbish i have tightened the link between the group and the blog so that at the least you shouldn't get any spam via email. I'm not sure whether i'll be able to do anything about the blog being spammed though, in which case i may just shut it down.
Currently I am in Nairobi, having arrived yesterday by train. It was a much more pleasant journey - no mosquitoes,more sleep and better game viewing (i saw wildebeest, giraffe, springbok and other large buck) going through Nairobi National Parkwhich is right next to the city itself.
However, Nairobi itself is smoggy, cloudy,cold and very muddy. In fact, other than one loose-end i have to tie-up (or perhaps unravel) there is really no reason to stay here any longer and i'm hoping to leave tomorrow morning for Arusha, Tanzania. With any luck i should reach there by Friday, stopping off in Kajiado and the border town of Namanga on the way.
I've recently been recalculating distances, travel times and budget and my conclusion is that i better get a move-on or i won't even have the prospect of completing this trip by bike.
Incidentally, the bike has been renamed. It is now called 'my soul'. This was inspired by an Oasis song that came into my head - i'm not carrying a music device of any sort - this morning as i was walking into town: "I hitched a ride with my soul by the side of the road, just as the sky turned black. I took a walk with my fate that i'll never relate, never to find my way back (etc.)" Not bad lyrics for a bunch of drunken Liverpuddlian louts.
Next update from Arusha i hope.
Labels: TRIP

<< Home